Every quarter, enjoy one of our popular legal webinars hosted especially for your community.
As an organization serving our nation’s farmers and ranchers, you help producers manage risk all the time. And with the converging crises of the COVID-19 pandemic, unpredictable environmental hurdles, devastating economic hardships, and ever-changing ag legislation, you know that even the savviest and most innovative agricultural professional sometimes needs support. We have your back which is why we designed this brand-new member benefit just for you: four annual, complimentary live webinars specifically for your agricultural community. Each webinar is 45 minutes with 15-minutes for Q&A and will be led by one of our legal educators.
Here’s how it works: With just three quick steps, you’ll be on your way to excellent, quality programming on farm law just for your community.
First: Choose one webinar per quarter to fit within your current educational programming: Currently, we offer seven different webinar topics to choose from. Check out the list and descriptions below to see what four webinars will help your community build their resilience:
- Business Structure Basics: Choosing the right business structure for a farm or ranch business shouldn’t be hard. In this webinar, producers will learn how to apply straightforward decision-making factors to your situation. We’ll walk through the tax advantages and business practices that make the most of your choice. A focus on preventing problems with good governance means whether you are just starting out or you’ve been on the land for a few decades; this webinar will help you chart next steps.
- Land Leasing Basics: Leasing farmland is so commonplace that landowners, farmers, and ranchers may not think twice about the lease itself… until things go wrong. Prevent problems with a strong lease while building a path to a resilient future. This online workshop will help you understand what a lease should include and how to put it in writing. Get started with the tools, knowledge, and skills you need to create a strong document that works for your needs, whether you are a landowner, rancher, or farmer.
- Farm Employment Law Basics: Farm employment law feels intimidating, but with just a few key rules and operating principles, the farm or ranch business can navigate this potential minefield with confidence. This webinar will teach the fundamentals of farm employment law, including classifying workers and the obligations of every farm employer. Folks will learn where they need to learn more and where they can sit back with confidence, no matter where they are in their farming journey.
- Farm Liability and Insurance Basics: If there’s one legal subject that tends to keep farmers and ranchers up at night, it’s liability and insurance issues. “If something bad happens, will I be covered?” Get answers to these important questions in this webinar. We’ll discuss the essential points of liability and property insurance that every producer needs. Learn how to get the information you need to sleep well at night.
- Food Safety Liability Basics: It’s every farmer or rancher’s worst nightmare: Someone claims to have gotten sick from the food they produced. No matter how safe the operation is, the risk is always there. The good news is there are ways to manage and mitigate the impacts of this risk. We’ll discuss the best practices every farmer or rancher can adopt to get a foothold in managing their food safety liability exposure.
- 5 Steps to Protect Your Farm, Legally Speaking: Are there a few key steps that provide a big impact when it comes to the farm or ranch’s protection from legal risks? We’re so glad you asked! Yes, there are, and every farm or ranch, no matter its size, location, or longevity, is in a great position to build resilience. Join us for a webinar that will build knowledge and confidence around essential farm law issues.
- Being Strategic When Selecting an Insurance Agent, Accountant, or Attorney for the Farm: The best farms leverage the strength of many as they build their resilience for the long term. An insurance agent, accountant, and attorney each can play a valuable role in helping the producer achieve the operation of their dreams. Yet, building out a team can be a lot harder than it seems. Farms and ranches struggle to find folks they trust and can afford. There are solutions, and this webinar will help producers understand where to look, the questions to ask, and how to keep fees manageable when working with essential business supporters.
Second: Email our Communications Coordinator to schedule your webinars: Settled on your webinar decisions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your one webinar per quarter. Please note, we need at least one month of lead time to schedule our educators and cannot offer webinars on Sundays or mornings before 7 AM EST. Need some flexibility? Let’s discuss how we can accommodate your team’s needs. We’ll also work with you to set up the webinar on your platform of choice- our educators can work with various platforms.
Each webinar above has 45 minutes of content followed by 15 minutes of question-and-answer time. We make sure your community gets what they need to move forward.
Lastly, market and host each webinar to your community. We make it easy! Once you’ve chosen a topic, we will email you a media kit that will help you promote and market the webinar to the producers and ag service professionals in your community. Whether you recruit via social media, newsletters, or old-fashioned email, we’ll help make sure your community knows about this exciting, interactive opportunity to learn the basics of farm law.
Want something that isn’t described here? Contact us- we will work with you to develop a custom proposal and budget.