Farmers and ranchers: Ever wonder if your farm is at risk because of a lurking legal problem? Do you wish you knew where to turn for the answers?
Those answers aren’t always easy to come by — especially for the most innovative, direct-to-consumer farmers. Discovering Resilience is a legal workshop designed just for you. This workshop empowers farmers and ranchers with the legal knowledge and skills you need to resolve legal vulnerabilities. You’ll walk away from this five-module, multi-media, and producer-focused workshop ready to implement your own legal action plan and find legal answers with confidence.
Discover the 10 legal best practices in 5 core areas of farm law
Including Business Structures, Insurance, Employment Law, Land Leasing and Purchasing, & Diversification (value-added and agritourism)
Answer key legal questions for your farm or ranch:
- How do I write an effective lease?
- Should I form an LLC, S corporation, or neither?
- What about hosting interns or working with volunteers; is that legal?
- How should I manage the risks of guests getting injured when they visit my operation?
The most hands-on farm law workshop you’ll find:
- Create your own farm law action plan through interactive and practical exercises.
- Build legal competence and confidence with guided discovery through videos, guides, and online content.
- Share your questions, referrals, tips, strategies, and more on our agriculture-focused social platform: the Community Commons.
- Gain skills in effective communication so you can be your own best advocate.
- You are currently a farmer or rancher, or you have a strong business plan.
- You have internet access that is sufficient to run watch videos.
- You can commit to the 5-10 hours necessary to complete the course.
Already a Member? Click on Log In at the top of the page, then come back here to register for FREE.
Here is what past participants have to say about Discovering Resilience:
Good Rain Farm
Songbird Haven Farm