Episode 22: Farmers' Q+A on Unemployment Insurance
In this episode, our team answers farmers' questions from our April 13, 2020 webinar on Unemployment Insurance (UI) for Farmers and Ranchers Affected by COVID-19. If you're wondering...
- Will income losses from agritourism be covered by UI?
- Am I eligible for UI if I have limited income to report?
- Are UI benefits retroactive from application date, or do they begin after I apply?
- Should I add back depreciation to my lost income?
- I farm with my spouse - - how should we determine our income loss to apply for UI and how do we report our weekly status to our state employment commission?
- What's a scenario where someone would take UI over a Paycheck Protection Program loan?
We've got answers for you on all these matters and more, so tune in!
- Webinar recording of Unemployment Insurance for Farmers and Ranchers Affected by COVID-19
- Episode 21 summary of unemployment insurance through PUA
- PUA Resources for Farmers and Ranchers (includes legal memo and state-by-state spreadsheet guide)
Disclaimer: We are working hard and fast to get information together about COVID-19 related programs to share with the farming community as quickly and accurately as possible. Please note that things are rapidly shifting during this time and what was accurate info 2 days or 2 weeks ago may not be accurate tomorrow. As such, please look for our most recent updated information on all COVID-19 issues. As always, the above communications are delivered for educational purposes only and do not constitute the rendering of legal advice.
About this Resource
Direct to Consumer
Audio / Visual