Opportunity to join the Farmer COVID Experience Team!
How has COVID-19 impacted your farm business and agricultural community? Have you applied for federal relief through PPP and/or EIDL? Have you or your workers pursued Pandemic Unemployment Assistance? Have you had workers go on sick leave? What has this time been like for you and your peers? Are there questions you have for other farmers? And nuggets of learned wisdom that you can share, too?
If so, we want to hear your stories and connect you to other farm peers to share learned wisdom and brainstorm solutions forward for the farming community!
The “farm commons” is an open source network of legal wisdom and resource sharing for farmers by farmers in support of community resilience. As a notable leader in the farming community, we invite you to apply to be on Farm Commons' Farmer COVID Experience Team!
As a Farmer COVID Experience Team member, you will serve as our eyes and ears on the ground helping Farm Commons to authentically understand farmers' experience through COVID-19 and develop actionable programming forward.
- The Team will convene on Wednesdays at 2:00pm EST over the course of 6 weeks, from June 10th to July 15th.
- Each Wednesday we will meet for a 1-hour "team huddle" over Zoom to discuss issues, solutions, questions, and trends you all are facing with COVID-19.
- Team members must attend at least 5 of the 6 Zoom sessions.
- Team members will also share in dialogue and brainstorming ideas over Slack (a relatively easy online chat platform), and
- Will have the opportunity to prepare content for national webinar delivery with the expert support of the Farm Commons staff.
To apply, send an email to email@example.com by Wednesday June 3rd (next week!) sharing 1-2 short paragraphs of why you want to join the team!