NewsMarch 27, 2020
New Podcast Series: Legal Resilience on the Farm through COVID-19
Our work at Farm Commons is all about supporting farmers in cultivating legal resilience for the farm business. With the devastating spread of COVID-19, the nature of farm business has been turned on its head. We know all you farmers are making quick and significant changes to your marketing channels, staff, food safety protocols, and more to stay afloat through this crisis.
We've gotten many, many questions from farmers and farm educators regarding managing legal risks through these challenges. In response, our team has gathered together (virtually!) to record a quickly growing podcast series about COVID-19’s impacts on farm businesses, in the hopes of providing you with clarity and confidence for moving forward.
Our episodes are available for streaming on our website and iTunes. You can quickly access them via the links below:
- Episode 13: Health Screening and Unemployment on the Farm
- Episode 14: Diversifying Farm Sales in Response to COVID-19
- Episode 15: Farm Sales through Online Platforms and CSA
- Episode 16: Managing Workers on the Farm during COVID-19
- Episode 17: The Families First Act
- Episode 18: Executive Orders to Stay at Home
- Episode 19: P3 and EIDL Updates as of April 9th, 2020
- Episode 20: Financial Relief for Farmers Inside and Outside the CARES Act
- Episode 21: Unemployment Insurance for Farmers Affected by COVID-19
- Episode 22: Farmers Q+A on Unemployment Insurance
- ... and more!
Be sure to check our COVID-19 resource page for the most up to date information.
The Farm Commons Team